Meet one of our fabulous Blush stylists, Shannon!Read More
Recently, we had a chance to interview one of our favorite local Make Up Artists, Casey Donner, about some quick tips when considering your wedding day look!
Timeline: I recommend booking at least a year out for your wedding day and doing a trial guarantees you that you will get the look you want! Remember that photographer and pictures you will be keeping forever are like a time capsule so makeup and hair should be a first priority! As both an Aesthetician and makeup artist I feel the skin is just as important as the makeup! I recommend starting a facial routine at least 6 months if not a year before the wedding! Your aesthetician will determine a routine and products that are best for your type of skin.
Trend: Bridal makeup has taken a turn from the same old same old in the last 5 years, oh ya Pinterest came around! That makes sense! Remember ladies that if your an au natural girl don’t come in asking for a Kim K makeover, you won’t be pleased! Pick a highlight, eyes or lips…lashes of course…you will love it! These are some of my favorite bridal trends this year!
Traditional vs. Airbrush: As a makeup artist I enjoy the artistry aspect of traditional makeup artistry, it allows me to create a custom look based upon skin type and look desired! On the other hand, airbrush is so durable and can be layered to provide more coverage this is a must for hot summer days! Summer brides this is the best option for you!
You can find Casey at Sweet Jane Salon in Lincoln: (402) 435-8601
Much Love, Casey
5. Styling 163 new Blush Brides!
We have had the opportunity to meet so many new cool, smart, stylish brides this year. Our previous brides are bringing us their friends and family resulting in a 60% increase of brides over last year!
4. Receiving the Silver Store Award from Casablanca Bridal
When we randomly got a crystal award in the mail, we were honored but we weren’t quite sure what being a “Silver Store” with Casabanca meant. When we were talking with Casablanca at market they were AMAZED that we were selling that so many of their gowns in our tiny, 1000 sq ft store! Who knew?!
3. Chicago Bridal Market- twice
Travel to Chicago twice a year to shop for Blush? Why yes, we’d be happy to! Literally, shop until you drop on the 7th floor of the Merchandise Mart, followed by a swanky Knot industry party on a skyline rooftop. It’s such hard work
2. Rustic Gatsby photo shoot featured by Wedding Chicks bridal blog
This year we connected with many local artists and wedding professionals to work on some stunning photo shoots. In February, we shot a Rustic Gatsby inspired shoot at Wilderness Ridge. We were lucky to have this shoot picked up by a national bridal blog, Wedding Chicks. Check out the blog here!
1. Winning The Knot’s 2015 Best of Weddings award!
We are the little guy and always will be. It has been such an honor to be recognized by our hard work and dedication by brides and other professionals in the wedding industry. As a Best of Weddings recipient, we are ranked in the top 2% of bridal stores in the nation! Thank you for your continued support!
Bridal gown shopping is unlike any other shopping experience you’ve had before! If you made an appointment at Blush Bridal, one of the questions that your bridal stylist will ask you in your initial interview is your bridal gown and accessories budget. It seems a little forward doesn’t it? You’ve probably never been asked about a budget before when shopping for apparel! You’ve probably never had a personal stylist either
There are a few reasons we ask about budget:
1. Our stylist’s job is to find you a bridal gown regardless of your budget. It is important that you are honest about your budget, as we are not interested in putting you in gowns that are well outside your budget range. While most of our gowns fall between the $1000-3000 range, there might be the perfect sample waiting for you in the back room that will fit into your budget!
2. We are not interested in “maxing out” your budget. Again, our job is to find you the perfect gown and accessories- we celebrate each time a client finds her perfect dress regardless of the price. If profit were our number one priority, Blush would be run quite differently!
3. While it’s fun to try every gown on during your shopping experience, it really isn’t productive. Nothing breaks our heart more than a bride returning after her first visit and telling us that her dream dress at our store is well outside her budget. We don’t want brides to fall in love with gowns that are outside their budgets either!
Our stylists job at Blush is to make your bridal gown shopping as relaxing and personalized as possible. While the “budget question” seems a bit forward when you begin your gown shopping, really it is just so our stylists can do everything they can to find you your dream dress in your budget!
Reserve your appointment with a Blush Stylist: 402.261.5615